Midtown Health has pioneered a dynamic customer service training initiative called beREMARKABLE℠. Unprecedented in the health club industry, it was developed in conjunction with The Ritz-Carlton and is designed to empower associates to “do ordinary things extraordinarily well.” This training is reinforced onsite through “Daily Outlook” meetings and is supported by our ongoing Performance Management Process.
beREMARKABLE℠ training includes:
- The importance of the internal customer
- Handling the difficult member
- Associate empowerment
- Excellent member/customer service
- Communication – Service basics
- Measuring success & associate recognition
weINSPIRE™: Living our commitment. Every day.
WeINSPIRE is the evolution of our beREMARKABLE℠ approach to customer service. On a daily basis, it reinforces and measures our associates’ implementation of remarkable customer service in ways big and small.
- Sets service standards with specific and measureable behaviors
- Recognizes and rewards associates who consistently deliver on those behaviors
- Raises the service bar high for all associates
- Reminds everyone on a daily basis about service behaviors
- Gives all associates the opportunity to provide feedback on how the club is delivering our service behaviors through semi-annual associate surveys
Midtown University keeps us learning and growing.
Achieving remarkable performance day after day requires an ongoing commitment. In addition to our beRemarkable and WeInspire programs, our in-house Midtown University provides education for all associates in areas such as club-management skills, business functions, strategic planning, leadership, operations, HR, financial analysis, sales, marketing, and fitness and wellness programming. We know that a stimulating culture keeps us on our toes and impacts everything we do, so we make it a top priority.